This course is an introduction to statistical methods and statistical software. On the basis of various practical examples, the participants learn to analyse and visualize data using the software SPSS and get insight how to interpret statistical results. A main goal is to show participants the importance of quality control, assessing assumptions and ensuring adequate sample size. Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be familiar with basic statistical methods and will be able to interpret statistical analysis. The participants will have the ability to choose the suitable statistical analysis method for different data sets.
SPSS basics (Day 1): Getting started with SPSS, data management, exploratory data analysis, outlier diagnostics, common plots, analysis of categorical data, scientific presentation of results
Group comparisons (Day 2): Hypothesis testing, type I and II errors, sample size, effect size, power calculation, confounding factors, Comparing means: t-test, multiple testing, one-factor-ANOVA, Mann-Whitney, Wilcoxon, Kruskal-Wallis, Friedman analysis of ranks, scientific presentation of results
For registration please fill in the registration form.
At a glance
- Date: 16/ 17.11.2021 (9am-4pm)
- Language: English or German
- DFP/CPD: 7 per day
- Costs: 150 Euro (University)/ 300 Euro (Company) per day; Each day can be booked seperately.
- Teaching Method: 20% lecture and 80% interactive
- Lecturer: Katharina Eberhard, BA MA and Andrea Groselj-Strele, PhD
- Registration Deadline: 14 days in advance
- Location: ZMF SR EG-086/087